Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Finally Caught My Breath

It has taken me three days to finally get to post!  We have had a great three days.  Although, I did have to do some "pruning" yesterday and today (thanks Tynesha for calling it this cause I love it).   "Pruning" is nipping some behavior in the bud. :0)   I do have to say though that I have lots of funny, silly, and smart kids. 

I am going to try to remember some of the funny things the kids say so that I can post them.  Here is one from today.  For writing today, I wanted to teach them how to add details to their drawings. I was modeling how to do this by drawing a self portrait on the Promethean Board.  I drew a stick figure and then showed them how to add clothes, hair, eyes, mouth, hands, etc.  Then I decided to draw some earrings on my person.  When I finished adding them, one student raised his hand and said, "You can't draw earrings because you don't have any ears!"  I told him that I did have ears and he said, "But I haven't seen them."  I pulled back my hair to show him and then he said all disappointed like, "Oh!" I guess he really thought that I didn't have ears.......I wanted to laugh but he was so serious that I didn't want to hurt his feelings.  You never know what this age child is thinking and you never know what they are going to say!

No comments: