Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

From Pumpkin to Jack-o-Lantern!

Fall is my favorite time of year and I love all the activities we get to do in the Fall.  Here are a few more of our pumpkin activities.

We read tons of pumpkin books.    I don't know how to put the Amazon icon on here so I will just list them.
Pumpkin, Pumpkin
From Seed to Pumpkin
It's Pumpkin Time
The Runaway Pumpkin
The Littlest Pumpkin
Pumpkin Soup
Sixteen Runaway Pumpkins
Too Many Pumpkins
A Day at the Pumpkin Patch



Of course we just had to carve a pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern.  So we voted on how we wanted the eyes, nose, and mouth to look and put our data onto a Pumpkin Graph.


I cut open the pumpkin and all the students helped me scrape out the "guts".  (Go to my school web page to see picture of the k-crew kids)  Then I carved its face according to the graph!
     

Here he is all lit up!



After we cut open the pumpkin we talked about how it looked inside and out, how it smelled, if we had tasted pumpkin before, and what words we could use to describe the pumpkin.



No comments: