Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Penguins, Prepositions, and Persuasion!

The month of January just flew by....whew!! Check out some of the great things we did!

I used the Penguin Unit from Melissa Machan over at First Grade Smiles.  You can check it out here!  The students loved all the activities!  

Look at those cutie cute cute penguins.  I did not give them a pattern for them, nor did I tell them what size to make them.  Aren't they adorable?




Penguin writing.......I was so impressed with how much they learned from our penguin unit!







This great preposition anchor chart came from I {Heart} Teaching.  Check it out here!  My kids really liked it!




We also used this great Snowman Prepositional Phrases activity from Literacy Spark!  You can get it free here!  I forgot to take pictures of my kiddos actually doing the activity....duh!





We have also been working on persuasive letter writing.  We read these two books to get the kiddos thinking about what it means to persuade.  


I used this anchor chart from KinderGals.  You can get it free here!







I will also be using this great mini unit from Sarah's First Grade Snippets. Check it out here!









2 comments:

Julie DiBenedetto said...

What a fantastic post! I love your fact and opinion anchor chart!
Thanks for sharing!
Julie

Jessica Goodrow said...

Thanks for the shout out! We will be doing persuasive writing...eventually, and I've never heard of Arthur's Pet Business. Always looking for new books!
Thanks again,
Jessica
Literacy Spark