Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Testing, Testing, Testing

Hello out there in bloggy land!  This week has been........Kuh-razy!!!!  Let me say that with a little more emphasis........Kuh....uh....razy!!! 

Who else is having their state tests this week????  My school is smack dab in the middle of administering the CRCT.....Georgia's version of the state mandated tests.

You may be asking yourself.....

Why is she posting about state testing? 

She teaches kindergarten!

Kindergarten doesn't have to take those tests!!!

Well let me tell ya........I got pulled to give the test to a small group of 5th graders............yes I said 5th graders!!!   5th graders who are as tall as I am!!!

Well actually my paraprofessional (who is a certified teacher too, but hasn't been able to find a teaching job) and I both got pulled to give the tests this week!  I am giving it all week and my para had to give it Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

You may be asking yourself....

Who was watching the kinderbugs during this time!

My partner from next door had to send her paraprofessional to watch my class on Tuesday and Wednesday morning while we tested.  Then today my para was back in the room and had them by herself.  She will have them again tomorrow by herself.

I told you it has been........Kuh.....razy!!!!

It actually hasn't been terrible.  The 5th graders have been great!  I have never thought I would like to teach 5th grade.....you know.....that height thing and hormones and all, but these guys were funny and sweet!  I have enjoyed spending time with them! 

I am super proud of my kinder kids because they have been super good all week, even with our schedule being completely off and them having to stay quiet all morning!  So proud........ that we are making S'mores tomorrow and shaving creaming the tables and doing some cool science experiments!   They are going to love it!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm so glad my first graders don't have to worry about testing. :)
❀ Tammy
Forever in First

Unknown said...

It has been a crazy week for sure!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies