Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

I'm........ba-a-a-a-a-ck...finally!! And my classroom reveal!

It took me a while but I am finally able to get around to blogging. The transition to first grade along with new Common Core Standards has thrown me for a loop.

I think I will like 1st grade..........with time.  Right now, it just feels so different and soooooo much harder than Kindergarten!!

I love the content I am teaching and my kiddos! They are a lot more independent...which is great!

But.....I am struggling with not having as much help as I am use to.  I went from having a full time para to having a para for one hour a day!  Talk about a shock!!  I knew it would be hard to get everything done.....but for my OCD self, it has been a total culture shock.  I have been spending 11 and 12 hours a day at school AND going back on the weekends.  (I keep telling myself.  This......has.......to.......stop.  I haven't listened yet!)

Here are a few pics from my room.



This is the bulletin board outside my classroom.  I borrowed this idea from Kindergarten Cupcake Crumbs.
My door!
           
A cute little bulletin board outside my door.
                                       
Looking into the room from the door.

   


Another view from the door.
                                                         

My red desk
  

I love these crates.  I think this was a brilliant ideas.  I have them at the end of each table to hold journals, notebooks, crayons, etc.  Now most everyone on my hall has joined in and has them in their room.


Front of the room.


Math board.


Computer area.

Reading center

Word wall

Small group table

3 comments:

Tammy said...

It's all looking great. I hope you can find yourself at home more often soon. :)
❀ Tammy
Forever in First

We Teach Like A Rockstar said...

I just love your room! Enjoy your year in first grade! Amber ~ Kindergarten Rocks Blog

vicky1970 said...

Sharon - your room is adorable! I love the ladybug theme...thanks for sharing your cute pics.
Vicky
Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After