1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I almost always wrap....although I
2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial nowadays! We always had a real one when I was growing up and when my kids were little, but artificial is just easier.
3. When do you put up the tree?Usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but not this year. Since I moved a year and a half ago my "stuff" has been stuffed in several family members extra space. So it took me a while to collect it from its various locations.
4. When do you take the tree down?
No set date, but I like to get it down before Valentine's Day! Just kidding!!!:0)
5. Do you like eggnog?
I used to like it a lot, but I just can't stomach it now!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Sad to say I don't remember a favorite gift. I do remember a gift I really, really wanted but didn't get! I don't remember how old I was, but probably 11 or 12. I wanted this huge, white, tabletop jewelry box with a full mirrored top AND not one but two ballerinas that twirled about on the mirror like it was ice. Apparently I am still traumatized about not getting it! Although, I am told by my mother that she tried to find me one! Am I a
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
I have a little plastic Nativity that I bought when my son was small. It is missing a couple of pieces because he always used to play with it, but I love that little Nativity!
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My son-in-law! He buys everything he wants!
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My granddaughter. She is also my favorite person to buy for :0)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail (But I didn't send any this year...yikes... maybe I am the Grinch!)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I can't think of any gift that stands out as being the worst.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
My absolute all-time favorite is The Polar Express!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I usually start on Black Friday. However, I am usually still scrambling for last minute gifts the day before Christmas Eve.
14. Ever recycled a present?
If I say yes, will you think I'm a bad person???
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Crown roast of pork with wild rice stuffing......yum!!!
16. Clear lights or colored lights on a tree?Definitely clear only! Although, I do like to look at colored lights in other people's yard.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Too hard to choose just one....Christmas in Dixie, When Christmas Comes to Town, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Still Still Still
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? It varies. For years, everyone used to come to my house for Christmas Day. When the big "D" happened a year and a half ago I started going to my son's or mom's for Christmas Day.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
20. Angel or star on top of the tree?Neither! I have a gingerbread man at the top of my tree.
21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Both. Just depends on when everyone can get together.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
This year, I have a gingerbread theme tree. I love theme trees and have many themes I have used over the years. Remember what I said earlier about having my "stuff" everywhere. This includes boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes of Christmas "stuff".
24. What do you want for Christmas?